[Perform-Talk] Running for President in Performing Arts Elections 2020

cindyray at gmail.com cindyray at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 23:37:41 UTC 2020

What is the website for this division?
Cindy Lou Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: Perform-Talk <perform-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Katelyn
MacIntyre via Perform-Talk
Sent: Friday, July 10, 2020 6:20 PM
To: perform-talk at nfbnet.org
Cc: Katelyn MacIntyre <katelynmacmusic at gmail.com>
Subject: [Perform-Talk] Running for President in Performing Arts Elections
2020

Hello, Fellow Federationists!
Thank you to Julie for sending out the announcement about our upcoming
elections. First, I would like to say that I will truly miss working with
you on our various initiatives, Julie, as you have been such an amazing
leader in this division and beyond. Thank you for contributing your time and
talents to promote equality and opportunity for blind performers!
I am writing to let you all know my intention to run for the office of
president.
It has been a great honor and joy for me to serve on the National Federation
of the Blind Performing Arts Division board since 2014, and as vice
president since 2015. I have particularly enjoyed cultivating connections
with several of our state affiliates by collaborating to hold performing
arts related events at their state conventions, helping to grow and maintain
our social media presence, building resources to bring full integration of
blind people in the entertainment industry through co-chairing our Blindness
and Entertainment committee, and of course teaching dance workshops at
national convention for the last five years. If I am elected as president, I
hope to continue the work our division has been doing, strengthen our
collaboration with other parts of the Federation, continue reaching out to
the entertainment industry to forge connections and good communication, and
keep growing our division as a resource for networking and providing
information to blind performers. I humbly ask for your support during our
elections this coming Thursday, July 16, at our meeting between 1 PM and 5
PM Eastern.
Personally, I have received a Master of Music in Vocal Performance from
Carnegie Mellon University, and I have performed opera, musical theater,
jazz, and other genres in a variety of venues internationally. Currently, I
teach online music lessons including voice and piano, and I have also delved
into the world of competitive ballroom dancing. Acting and motivational
speaking are other passions of mine as well, and I love the
Intersectionality and collaboration of multiple performing arts together.
You can find more information about me at www.katelynmac.com .
The National Federation of the Blind has been an invaluable and powerful
organization in my continued personal growth and confidence as a blind woman
and performer, and I am always grateful for the opportunity to give back and
continue raising expectations and encouraging love, hope, and determination
in myself and those around me.
I hope to talk and work with many of you in the days, months, and years
ahead. Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions!
Lastly, I would like to say that I will be supporting Lizzy Muhammad-Park
for the office of vice president. She has also been on the board of this
division since 2014, and she has worked diligently and thoroughly on many
projects along the way and is always a joy to work with and know. I am
confident she will give her all to this division and is someone on whom I
will be able to depend and with whom I will collaborate well.
Warmest regards,

~Katelyn MacIntyre, M.M.
www.katelynmac.com
www.facebook.com/KatelynMacMusic
@KatelynMacMusic
Vice President, National Federation of the Blind Performing Arts Division