[Perform-Talk] Donate to help Cierra shine in up with people

Cierra Theriot cierratheriot at icloud.com
Tue Mar 17 02:25:31 UTC 2020

Hi everyone.
Below is the link to my go fund me to help me be able to perform in an amazing group called up with people. I’ve copied my story from the go fund me and hope that you all would help share and make this dream come true.

Hi all. My name is Cierra and I would like to invite you to read my story. I was born blind but I don’t let that stop me from achieving my dreams. I am currently a student at the Louisiana Center for the Blind in Ruston Louisiana getting my independence and blindness skills training so I can be a successful confident blind adult. Ever since I was very little I’ve always enjoyed singing, dancing, and The beautiful power of music. Throughout my life I sang  at local events in my area for multiple events. I’ve danced ballet and performed in the nutcracker. I feel like the stage is where I belong and it is where I blossom most. I love the adrenaline as I am waiting in the wings to go on. The way the music lifts me on the tips of my toes as I dance. The heat of the lights as I move across the stage either with a group or independently. The echo through the theater as my voice sings out. And the applause from the audience as I take my bow. These things are what drives my passion for the performing arts. No matter if I’ve had a frustrating day dealing with anxiety or challenges, the stage is where I express myself. This is why I would love the opportunity to perform in up with people. Up with people is a program where you travel on tour, do community service, perform, and spread positivity two The communities you  visit. When I first encountered up with people, I saw that they were coming here to Ruston to do a show and help the community. I didn’t know much about it but I got tickets to see the show anyway because like I said before the theater is my passion. I love watching just as much as performing. Once the show started, I felt nothing but positive energy in that theater. I loved how happy everyone was on stage and the positive message they were sending. I’ve had a rough week that week and it was something that I really needed to hear. Especially because that very weak I’ve auditioned for a musical and was not treated very fairly because of my blindness. Adding to that me being afraid to speak up and advocate properly for myself and what I know I can do. As I listened to some of the speakers in the show, I could relate so much with what was being talked about. I laughed, I cried, and most of all I felt the happiest I’ve ever felt that week. Throughout my life I was always told how inspiring I am to people especially when performing. I believe that this opportunity will give me more chances to inspire a greater amount of people and show them that being blind is not a hindrance and that I can get through it. That despite the struggles that come with being or looking a little different than others, we can Live a life and succeed just as well as non-disabled people.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/1rwwotxaw0?utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=customer&utm_campaign=p_na+share-sheet&rcid=57c409d9072e44fb847986a84728b8fd

Cierra Theriot