[Perform-Talk] Finding remote work during the shutdown?

Cameron Strife cameron at cameronstrife.com
Sun Mar 22 19:23:55 UTC 2020

Hi everyone. Two quick things to run by you all...

You can reach me off list at: cameron at cameronstrife.com

Due to the corona virus, I've had to suspend my in person guitar
students for who knows how long. I'm trying to find some remote work
to try and make up that lost income. As we all know by now, live gigs
are no longer an option either. We also found out recently that we've
got baby number two on the way so this is a really bad time for this
to happen.

I know most of us are in the same boat here but that being said, could
anybody recommend any place to advertise my services? Custom made mp3
guitar lessons, audio editing, podcast production, original music,
guitar tracks etc. I've tried twitter, facebook, and craigs list but
I'm not getting much action. A lot of forums don't seem to allow you
to advertise services. I'm a new user of reddit and while I'm not
super familiar with it yet, it doesn't seem like you can post "for
hire" kinds of things on there either. (If I'm wrong on that, feel
free to correct me!)

Immediate money from sync licensing isn't going to help me in the near
future but it can't hurt all the same. I've had a ton of stuff
accepted by taxi but haven't seen any money from it yet. I've tried
using songtrader and a few other sites but the accessibility or lack
there of is really frustrating.

Finally, if anyone out there is interested, I'd like to sell a mac
book pro, universal audio interface, musicman electric guitar with
DiMarzio pickups, and a g and l tribute bass guitar. Please inquire
for more details.

Thanks and good luck to you all,

Cameron.