[Perform-Talk] Experiences

Julia LaGrand julialagrand at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 20:30:27 UTC 2021

Hello all,
  I am a junior in high school from Grand Rapids, Michigan. I am a passionate classical violinist, but I've noticed that there aren't many of us. You all are a wonderful group of blind performing artists of so many kinds, and I may be looking in some of the wrong places, but I'm writing a research paper to analyze the intersection of disability and classical music. Part of this is conducting a survey, because there isn't much that discusses blindness out there already. (If you know of any good resources already out there, let me know!) Whether you are a musician of any sort or not, please do not hesitate to share your thoughts on the form below and pass this along to others with any  disability. I am collecting responses from a variety of sources, and each response I get helps me present a more picture of how those with disabilities observe, interact with and are formed by classical music.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc4qngqxuLctnbHVfgY0bxb9dJ7X95W-nkd_jmufgiuNA3Igw/viewform?usp=sf_link
Thank you for your valuable time!
Julia LaGrand