[Perform-Talk] Editing videos nonvisually

Ignasi Cambra ignasicambra at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 15:43:32 UTC 2021

Hello all,

In my opinion, the most accessible way to edit video non-visually is to use Reaper, which is a well known digital audio workstation. You can cut and paste chunks of video and work with it just as you would with any audio file, and export your work very easily. It's also possible to add subtitles and some kind of transitions, fade to black etc, but obviously if you need more fancy stuff you might want to give iMovie or Final Cut a try. As far as I know they are both useable, but I haven't looked too much into either of them. Apple's iMovie app for iOS is also quite accessible, and for simple videos to post on social media you can use Apple Clips, which is a bit weird but quite simple to figure out as I remember.

Hope that helps,

IC

Sent from my iPhone