[Perform-Talk] Editing videos nonvisually

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter bkpollpeter at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 15:58:19 UTC 2021

Chris,

For actually taking videos, the facial recognition feature on iPhones usually works pretty well as long as the object you're taking a pic of is human/animal and looking at the camera, ha. However, I find that when I hold my phone about chest level and point in the direction of my intended view, I take pretty good pics and videos. I usually have things right in frame. Depending on how low or high a subject is, I will back up or lower my own body but keep my phone at chest level.

As for taking self-portraits, I have worked up a set up in my Zoom room. I initially had sighted help, but I now know how I need to place my camera so I'm in frame. When I want to take pics/vids of myself, I prop my phone or iPad up where I know it works and start recording.

Interested what tips others have found to work.

Bridgit