[Perform-Talk] Holman Prize for Blind Ambition Applications Now Open

LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired lhnews at lighthouse-sf.org
Wed Feb 10 20:41:51 UTC 2021

LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired<https://lighthouse-sf.org/mc-events/changing-vision-changing-life-2021-virtual-edition-2/?mc_id=10281> in San Francisco is pleased to announce that applications are now open for the 2021 Holman Prize for Blind Ambition<http://holmanprize.org/>.

The Holman Prize for Blind Ambition awards up to $25,000 each to three blind people from around the world with incredible ideas that will shatter misconceptions about blindness worldwide.

The Holman Prize is named after James Holman, a blind 19th century explorer<https://holman.lighthouse-sf.org/who-is-james-holman/> who is the most prolific private traveler of anyone, blind or sighted, before the era of modern transportation.

To qualify for the Holman Prize you must be blind or legally blind and at least 18 years old by October 1, 2021.

To apply, you will upload a video to YouTube that is 90 seconds or less with your Holman Prize pitch and fill out an application<http://holmanprize.org/apply>.

We know how different applications will need to be during this time of the pandemic. While we recognize this will be a factor for the scope of some peoples' ideas, we encourage you to think big and imagine your Holman plan without taken the current constraints too much into consideration. We will do everything we can if your idea is successful, to work with you and help you make it happen. Don't let the pandemic blunt your ambition.

Applications close on March 14 at 11:59 pm Pacific. Check out our Holman Prize frequently asked questions<https://holman.lighthouse-sf.org/faq/> and if you don't find your answer there, email us at holman at lighthouse-sf.org<mailto:holman at lighthouse-sf.org>.

We can't wait to watch your videos.

Sincerely,
The Holman Prize Team
LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired

Are you someone who is blind or has low vision and have a fantastic idea you can't wait to bring to the world? Don't miss this chance and apply now for the Holman Prize for Blind Ambition: http://holmanprize.org/apply