[Perform-Talk] Asking for your thoughts concerning a Recent Situation.

Shelly Kane shellykane323 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 07:31:13 UTC 2021

Annie:

I'm so sorry that you are having to deal with this.  To be honest, yes,
this does sound very suspicious to me.  First of all, if she had any
concerns that you were blind and how you would do this job, she should
have talked with you in depth about it so you could explain how you
would do the job efficiently.  Did you have this discussion with her?
Secondly, I don't think a music teacher is going to quit without school
starting.  The only reason that could have happened is maybe a family
issue.   People shouldn't tell us we have the job if they aren't serious
about it.  If she doesn't want you to teach there, she needs to be
honest and not get your hopes up.  I have been on countless interviews
where this has happened to me in other positions.  It gets your hopes up
and then it's a huge disappointment.  Sometimes I think being honest is
the best policy.  Yes, it hurts but at least you aren't being told
different excuses.  I hope and pray that you do get to go in next week
and get a chance to do this job.  I was in a similar situation.  We have
2 dance studios for students with disabilities and I reached out asking
if they need volunteers.  The one told me now right away because they
aren't doing it because of Covid.  The other one said they would love to
have me come in and when I asked them to let me know what dates they
were having the open house and I told them I was blind out of courtesy,
they never got back to me.  Please keep us posted on how you make out.
Prayers sent.

Shelly