[Perform-Talk] My First Day of Teaching

Anne Davis annedonnellon at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 19:58:38 UTC 2021

Well guys,

I did the thing…  I’ve just been wrapping the whole experience around my mind for the past several days.  I can’t say I’m dancing on Cloud 9, but I’ll say I’ve learned some very valuable lessons.

1: I cannot control what the Paratransit Service, but I can control what I do!

2: That said, provided I am even given a second chance after what happened, I will not use that service, and will pay extra for Uber, Lyft, or any personal driver, especially for the sake of the student.  Her time is just as valuable, if not more thanmine!  What happened that caused me to be way late was not 100 percent my fault, but it is something that can be avoided in the future when I will exercise better judgment.

My student is in eighth grade, and seems motivated to stretch her range so I’m having her work on a German piece for the next time😊.

I am just so embarrassed especially for the student whose time is just as valuable, if not more so!  So given that and because I am a reasonable person, I made the decision that she would not be charged for this lesson.

Your thoughts and prayers are appreciated.

Annie