[Perform-Talk] Fwd: [NFB-Maryland] Sad News!

Lizzy M lizzym0827 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 10:36:31 UTC 2022

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Lizzy M <lizzym0827 at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Jan 16, 2022 at 5:30 AM
Subject: Fwd: [NFB-Maryland] Sad News!
To: <perform-talk-request at nfbnet.org>

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: president--- via NFB-Maryland <nfb-maryland at nfbnet.org>
Date: Sat, Jan 15, 2022 at 10:03 PM
Subject: [NFB-Maryland] Sad News!
To: <nfb-maryland at nfbnet.org>, <nfbmd at nfbnet.org>, <
greater-baltimore at nfbnet.org>, <nfbmdtlc-chapter at nfbnet.org>, <
central-md-chapter at nfbnet.org>, <md-atlarge at nfbnet.org>, <
md-sligo at nfbnet.org>, <nationalharbor at nfbnet.org>, <mabm at nfbnet.org>, <
mdabs at nfbnet.org>, <mdpobc at nfbnet.org>

Dear Federation Family,

It is with an incredibly heavy heart that I share that Michelle Clark
passed away today.  Many of you know Michelle as a founding member of the
National Harbor Chapter.  She served for many years as the chapter
president as well as a member of the Board of Directors of the NFB of
Maryland.  Michelle also was well known for her beautiful and powerful
voice and was a prominent member of our national Performing Arts Division.
Michelle worked for the “phone company” and shared hilarious stories.
Later, she became a 508 expert for the USDA.  Michelle’s laugh was big and
boisterous, and she unleashed it often.

Michelle had several health complications in recent years.  In November
2021, she had a fall which doctors believe was due to neurological
challenges.  She went into the hospital in early November, and though her
health seemed to be improving such that she transferred to a rehabilitation
center this past Thursday, she succumbed today.

Her husband Jerome shared that she talked about the NFB often and was so
grateful to those of you who were part of her life.  Please keep Jerome and
the rest of Michelle’s family in your thoughts and prayers.

We will share information about arrangements as soon as we receive them.

Yours,

Ronza

*Ronza Othman, *President

443-426-4110

Pronouns: she, her, hers

The National Federation of the Blind of Maryland knows that blindness is
not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise
the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles
blindness is not what holds you back.