[Perform-Talk] Introduction

Melissa Ann Riccobono melissaariccobono at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 17:28:49 UTC 2023

Hello Annie,
I'm sorry I couldn't find your email address, or I would have sent this to you off list. I would be very interested in hearing about how you began your work in the audio book narration field. You can contact me off list at
MelissaARiccobono at gmail.com I assume you do this work for pay? I have a meeting Thursday with my local library for the blind. I plan to volunteer to read books in their recording studio to be put up on BARD eventually. I'm excited about this, as it will give me fantastic experience, but it is a volunteer job, and eventually I would love to get money for this type of work.

Thank you so much!
To everyone else, thanks for making me feel so welcome on this list! I'm excited to learn from all of you. To those who may be wondering, yes, I am learning how to use Reaper for recording and audio editing. I also have Goldwave, which I have used for years and have paid for, so it will remain on my computer as an old stand by. I am on the Reaper Without Peepers email list and have found it extremely helpful, although the volume of email can be a little overwheleming, as can the pure knowledge of everyone on the list, and all of the projects they are asking questions about... Sometimes I feel as though they are speaking another language and I feel as though I'm way in over my head! But I have to begin somewhere.
Melissa