[Perform-Talk] NABS Content Creation Workshop!

Z'Leah Liburd nyirah17 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 19:16:21 UTC 2023

Hello all!
For those that do not know me, my name is Z'Leah Liburd, board member of VP
of the student division in Florida. Within NABS, I have the great honor to
serve as co- chair of our content creation committee, which is responsible
for everything from our monthly “NABS Now Podcast”, to specialty projects
such as the one for which this email is for.

We are incredibly excited to be partnering with Sam from “The Blind Life”
for our first ever Content Creation Workshop, taking place virtually this
month, March 12th. I wanted to reach out directly to you regarding this
special opportunity to learn from one of the most influential blind social
media professionals on the internet! This is open to both students and
non-students, but registration spots are filling up quickly and closes
March 9th, so please share and consider attending! Keep reading for more
info on the workshop itself:

The National Association of Blind Students Content Creation Committee and
Sam from “The Blind Life” are incredibly excited to invite you to our first
ever Content Creation Workshop. Whether you are an active social media
influencer, aspiring content creator, or just a fan, this workshop is
designed to take you through a journey of what it means to be a blind
creator in the modern era of digital media. Engage with us as we learn
about Sam’s story as a professional content creator and entrepreneur,
crafting your own system for creation, and the power of performing and
storytelling. We are sure to leave you with a deeper understanding of both
the technical and narrative aspects of how you too can share your story
through the art of content creation,

Join us virtually on Sunday, March 12 from 1PM to 2:30PM Eastern for the
special opportunity to meet and learn from one of the most renowned blind
creators on the internet! Please pay careful attention to the information
and instructions in the registration form!

To register, please visit:

https://forms.gle/WVb3WzibrQjwDeaq8

If you have any questions, please contact NABS Board member, Kinshuk Tella
at kinshuk.tella at gmail.com

More about Sam from “The Blind Life”

Sam was diagnosed at age 11 with Stargardt’s, an early onset form of
macular degeneration, and was legally blind by his mid-teens. Over the last
30 years, he has developed an extensive background in research and
understanding of assistive devices and techniques of living with low
vision. Sam is the founder and creator of The Blind Life YouTube Channel,
which, is highly regarded as the largest resource for assistive technology
on the internet. With more than 50,000 subscribers and over 700 informative
videos, Sam is recognized as an expert when speaking and presenting at
national conferences. Featured in USA TODAY, WIRED Magazine, and numerous
national and international podcasts on assistive technology, he
collaborates with tech giants like Google, SONY and Amazon, has created
content for numerous websites and participates on Microsoft’s Window’s
Accessibility Advisory Board. Whether he’s working one on one with clients
or through his YouTube videos, Sam’s goal is to help everyone live their
BEST BLIND LIFES! Please check out Sam’s website at
https://theblindlife.net/.

Yours Truely,

Z'Leah

--

Z’Leah Liburd (She/her)

Vice President, Florida Association of Blind Students

Board number 1, State Wide Chapter

Nyirah17 at gmail.com

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even
touched - they must be felt with the heart." -*Helen Keller.*

Follow us on Facebook and Instagram!

Facebook link:
https://www.facebook.com/Florida-Association-of-Blind-Students-FABS-100610252389102

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fabs_nfb/