[Perform-Talk] Teaching piano students

Elizabeth Sprecher elizabeth.sprecher103 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 21:36:56 UTC 2023

Hi,
sometimes I’ve run into students who will bring music with them to their lessons, like movie, music, or some popular music, but the problem that I run into is that a lot of that stuff is not available in braille.
So how do I not let that discourage me from my teaching, I don’t want them to feel obligated to only learn classical music, but a lot of this popular music is not available in braille
Also, I am running into an issue where I tend to give them. No names of what they’re playing because I don’t know how to describe the print to them so that they would know what notes are on the staff and so they would understand what they are reading.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Sent from my iPhone