[Perform-Talk] Keyboard Shortcut Creation in MuseScore 4 Now Accessible

Noah Carver noahcarver494 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 17:04:50 UTC 2024

Hi All,

Hope this finds you well.

As many know, creation of keyboard shortcuts in MuseScore 4 has, up to this
point, not been accomplishable when using a screen reader, and this has
been a major pain-point for blind/low vision users. I along with several
others filed an issue regarding this several months ago. I was therefore
pleasantly surprised to receive an email this morning confirming the issue
had been apparently fixed and closed as resolved. I am unsure as to when
this fix will make its way to a release, however this is still excellent
news. A huge shout-out to the developers who spent time working on this
issue is in order--thank you much for your efforts. Links to the original
issue filed, as well as to the resultant discussions concerning the fix,
are provided.

https://github.com/musescore/MuseScore/issues/16157

https://github.com/musescore/MuseScore/pull/22036

Warmest regards,

Noah
--
Noah Carver (He/They)
Candidate, B.M. '26 | Applied Music (Performance) -- Voice
noahcarver494 at gmail.com