[Perform-Talk] Virtual Event about Misconceptions in Entertainment Industry

Chris Nusbaum cnusbaumnfb at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 17:25:16 UTC 2024

Hi Friends,

I was sent the following information from the company I work for as a professional development opportunity. I’m not sure who the speakers are or whether they have already spoken at PAD events, but the topic seems interesting and may be beneficial for people on this list. Please see below.

Chris

There’s still room for you!

Hurry and get your ticket to join us!

We are excited for you to join us ONLINE March 22, 2024!

This year we are Shattering Misconceptions in the Entertainment Industry & Setting Boundaries to Decrease Vulnerability to Sexual Assault!

Right on the heels of "All the Light We Cannot See" hitting the screens, we have questions! Come join us as we embark on a panel discussion with 4 individuals currently working in the movie and arts industries. Each professional will share their personal experience and answer questions as an individual who is blind or low vision working in the entertainment industry.

We will then jump into a pretty heavy AND extremely necessary topic we all think about but aren't always sure how to approach--Sexual Assault. We will hear from and have the opportunity to engage with Dr. Kelly who wilk share researched methods and tools which individuals who are blind or low vision can use to decrease vulnerability to sexual assault.

ACVREP & CRC available

Registration is open to EVERYONE (Educators, professionals, students/clients, families)

Register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/gaaer-2024-spring-conference-tickets-795679999297?aff=oddtdtcreator

Or using the QR Code Below:

Please let me know if you have any questions 😊

Sarah

Sarah D. Bussey

Director of Southeast Region Services

M.S.Ed Special Education

TBVI, COMS, CVRT

Allied Instructional Services

 <http://www.alliedinstructional.com/> www.alliedinstructional.com

912-650-0061

Building Brighter Futures

This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential information covered under the Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA). If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this message, including any attachments, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please destroy all copies of the original message, including attachments, and notify me immediately by reply email message. Thank you

Christopher A. Nusbaum, President

Southern Delaware Chapter

National Federation of the Blind of Delaware

Phone: (443) 547-2409

Email:  <mailto:cnusbaumnfb at gmail.com> cnusbaumnfb at gmail.com

 <https://www.linkedin.com/in/chris-nusbaum-274384136> LinkedIn

You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.