[Perform-Talk] DottedNotes — bidirectional braille ⇄ LilyPond/MusicXML translator (built out of my own frustration transcribing orchestral scores)

judith at judithlung.com judith at judithlung.com
Thu Jul 23 03:54:02 UTC 2026


Thanks for the kind words Jason! I recently joined a challenge to write 
5 pieces of orchestral music in 90 days, and I am the only blind 
composer in it as far as I know. Therefore, I am pretty invested in 
creating a tool that transcribes from braille to PDF, to cut down time 
spent on notation as much as possible.
Please do try out the tool and report any bugs you find. Right now the 
braille parser has only been tested with some of my compositions and a 
braille score of Bella Bartok's Romanian Folk Dances for Orchestra. 
Sample inputs, transcription errors, or any other issues you report will 
be much appreciated!
Judith


More information about the Perform-Talk mailing list