[Perform-Talk] DottedNotes update: braille-in-braille-out part extraction, plus BANA-aware error checking

judith at judithlung.com judith at judithlung.com
Sat Jul 25 05:05:16 UTC 2026


Hi Leslie,
Yes DottedNotes transcribes cello music. It can convert to braille from 
MusicXML and Lilypond, and it's also possible to extract the cello part 
from an ensemble score in braille, MusicXML, or Lilypond. I just 
converted a piece of cello music from MusicXML on MuseScore and another 
piece from Lilypond from Mutopia, and they both look normal (but I am 
not a cello player, so you'll have to take what I say with a grain of 
salt).
It's currently not possible to upload a braille file in single-line 
format for conversion. However I am working on this feature right now 
and will hopefully have it done by tomorrow.
Also here is a reference doc with all the symbols DottedNotes currently 
supports:
https://github.com/judithhinlung/DottedNotes/blob/main/docs/bana_reference.md
Best,
Judith


More information about the Perform-Talk mailing list