[Pibe-division] East Meadow/Long Island Second Annual Regional Braille Challenge

Sheila Amato brltrans at verizon.net
Thu Dec 4 01:40:44 UTC 2008

Hello, friends and colleagues;

Please help publicize our Second Annual Regional Braille Challenge by sharing this information with others.

We are inviting students from New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Connecticut (and anyone else who wants to travel to Long Island to participate!)

East Meadow/Long Island Second Annual Regional Braille Challenge
Saturday, January 10, 2009 (snowdate Saturday, January 24, 2009)
8:00 AM - 3:30 PM
W.Tresper Clarke High School
740 Edgewood Drive
Westbury, NY 11590

For registration and/or information contact:
Dr. Sheila Amato
samato at eastmeadow.k12.ny.us or brltrans at verizon.net
516-457-1990 (cell)

Brochure and student registration files are attached to this email; feel free to print and distribute to TVIs, parents, administrators, and students.

We have a dynamic guest speaker, parent and educator workshops, and of course, the Braille Challenge for the students. Breakfast and lunch will be provided. Please encourage students to come for the day (even if their braille skills aren't great...) It will be a day of fun, food, workshops, activities, prizes, music, and camaraderie. You are welcome and encouraged to join us as well. If you would like to volunteer to assist on this day, please let me know via return email message.

For further Braille Challenge information, please check out www.braillechallenge.org.

Thank you for your support,

Sheila Amato, Ed.D.
Teacher of students who are blind/visually impaired
East Meadow School District
Long Island, NY