[Pibe-division] Notetker and Digital player questions

Allison (NFB of Arizona) nfbarizona at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 19:38:29 UTC 2008

Hi Carlton,

You wrote:
"I am also interested in the Victor Reader Stream for Anna Catherine.
> Can a notetaker be used as a Digital Reader?
> Can Bookshare files be easily uploaded onto the Victor?"

Both the Braille Note and the Packmate can pplay Bookshare books.  In fact,
such note-takers are best for reading these files because they can be read
in Braille with the Braille display.  If maintaining and/or increasing
Braille reading speed and fluency is a priority for your daughter, then I
recommend reading Bookshare books on one of these units instead of a Victor
Stream.  Since the Stream does not have a Braille display, a student can
only listen to her books with it.  I think that if Anna Catherine gets a
note-taker, she doesn't necessarily need a VR Stream too.  The only reasons
I can think of for adding a Stream in addition to the note-taker is that the
Stream is smaller and can play NLS digital books.

HTH,
Allison