[Pibe-division] Bookshare Education-Related Volunteer Opportunity

Allison (NFBA) nfbarizona at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 22:48:30 UTC 2009

Hi All,

Below is the description of a volunteer opportunity that helps support
Bookshare's educational work that we are excited to share with you. This
is a great fit for anyone who is interested in learning more about the
NIMAC and in helping Bookshare provide more K-12 textbooks for qualified
students nationwide. Interest or experience in library sciences or
digital media management is a plus!

Volunteer Role:
Assisting Bookshare in comparing state textbook lists with books
contained in the NIMAC ( National Instructional Materials Access Center:
www.nimac.us)

Chief Responsibilities:
1. Looking up ISBN numbers in the NIMAC
2. Keeping a rolling list of books found
3. Communicating with our collections and state outreach teams on data
found

Minimum Time Commitment:
5 hours/week

This is an ongoing volunteer opportunity and for more information feel
free to contact Kristina King Cohen, Education Program Manager at
kristina.c at benetech.org.

With thanks for your interest,

Pavi Mehta
Volunteer Coordinator, Bookshare