[Pibe-division] FW: filmmaking course for blind students

Hyde, David W. (ESC) david.hyde at wcbvi.k12.wi.us
Thu Apr 22 20:10:59 UTC 2010

Hi all,

Hi all, see below:

this was sent to me by one of my NIMAS friends.  Thought it might be interesting for us to look at.

Stacy

If you haven't already seen it, you may enjoy this incredible story and video that was published in the Boston Globe yesterday.

Student filmmakers capture world they know and can't see

http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/articles/2010/04/21/blindness_is_no_barrier_in_filmmaking_class/ <http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/articles/2010/04/21/blindness_is_no_barrier_in_filmmaking_class/>

Kevin Bright, the Emmy-winning producer of the smash sitcom "Friends,'' is involved in a groundbreaking partnership with the Perkins School for the Blind. An executive artist in residence at Emerson College, Bright has developed a filmmaking course for blind students, teaching them how to shoot, light, direct, and produce. His students just completed their first short film, "Seeing Through the Lens,'' about the friendship between three teenage girls at Perkins.