[Pibe-division] Questions for 4th grade math

Cindy Robinson biologize at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 2 18:21:38 UTC 2010

Oops. I forgot to tell you that it is marked off in 16th of an inch. cindy robinson

From: biologize at hotmail.com
To: pibe-division at nfbnet.org
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 18:19:36 +0000
Subject: Re: [Pibe-division] Questions for 4th grade math

Modeling after the scientist, Geerat Vermeij, who was also blind, I taught my students to use a modified caliper.
To modify it, you just take the front glass off it. Use the dial caliper by Helios.
Geerat used his caliper to measure objects of all different shapes. He wrote the book, Privileged Hands. It is a VERY good instrument to teach the students how to use.
Cindy Robinson