[Pibe-division] NBP-Announce: October print/braille book - order it in time for Halloween!

Tony Grima agrima at nbp.org
Fri Oct 8 16:40:04 UTC 2010

October 2010 Book Club Selection
(An I Can Read! Book, Level 2 - with help)
In a Dark, Dark Room
Retold by Alvin Schwartz
Print/braille edition, $5.00
In contracted braille
Ages 4-8

Order it in time for Halloween!

"Most of us like scary stories because we like feeling scared. When
there is no real danger, feeling  scared is fun. The best time for these
stories is at night - in front of a fire or in the dark. Tell  them
s-l-o-w-l-y and quietly, and everyone will have a good time." -Foreword
to the book

Shivering skeletons, ghostly pirates, chattering corpses, and haunted
graveyards...all to chill your  bones! Share these seven spine-tingling
stories in a dark, dark room.

Stories included are:
The Teeth
In the Graveyard
The Green Ribbon
In a Dark, Dark Room
The Night It Rained
The Pirate
The Ghost of John

An ALA Notable Children's Book

To order or read more about this book online, visit
http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/BC1010-DARKROOM.html

******
To order any books, send payment to:
NBP, 88 St. Stephen Street, Boston, MA 02115-4302
Or call and charge it: toll-free (800) 548-7323 or (617) 266-6160 ext
520. Or order any of our books online at
http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/publications/index.html .