[Pibe-division] Affordable Multi-Line Refreshable Braille Display WASRe: Educational Food for Thought: 21 Things That Will Be Obso...

Jewel herekittykat2 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 14:38:15 UTC 2011

Dear Eric and all,
Your wish is their command! At NCSU here in Raleigh, they are in the
process of creating a full-page refreshabel Braille display that uses
air pressure to create the dots. This display will cost significantly
less than the current displays out there. As of the latest update
(last weekend), they have created the first cell and are testing it.
Once they are done with the first cell, creating the whole page will
be simple. The creator, Dr. Yung, is a member of the Wake County
chapter of the NFB, here in Raleigh, NC. So, be prepared for Braille
to go digital all the way!

~Jewel