[Pibe-division] multilinebraile display

Sara Rooz sararooz at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 19:35:51 UTC 2011

I think it's amazing that someone is creating this product. I do agree wwith Denise this multiline Braille display has the potential to change how math is taught to blind students and it would be great to read a whole braille page using a braille display. I do wonder though how the price for such a braille display will be affordable. To my understanding, the pins for any braille display are the most expensive part in making the braille display. The lowest price I've noticed of a braille display is $1,395. How can the braille display price be made lowered than this? If a braille display would be available for $1,00, I'd consider this affordable. Jewel, have you had hand-ones experience with this device? Can you keep the listserv informed about the multiline braille display. I am blind and use braille on a daily basis. I am also a certified teacher of the blind in New York and enjoy teaching in this field.
Sara Rooz