[Pibe-division] NBP-Announce: Celebrate Louis Braille's birthday - and enter to win prizes!

Tony Grima agrima at nbp.org
Wed Jan 5 01:15:23 UTC 2011

It's Louis's 202nd Birthday!

Louis Braille turns 202 today! In his honor, we're giving away a basket of
Louis goodies to one lucky NBP customer. Any customer who orders from NBP
between January 4 and February 4, 2011, will be entered in a raffle to win a
sumptuous Louis Braille basket! (See below for two books you might consider
purchasing to enter - books you may have missed last month...)

Order by phone, fax, mail, or website, and you could win:

- Louis Braille: A Touch of Genius (biography) in print and in braille;
- Louis lapel pin;
- Louis print/braille bookmarks;
- A "Braille Opens Doors" keychain;
- A hand-crafted tactile Louis Braille plaque;
- Louis note cards;
- Louis Braille wall poster.

You can keep these for yourself, or donate them to a library, classroom, or
school. Celebrate Louis Braille's birthday and help spread the word about
the importance of braille.

Order today to enter!

You may have missed these two new books:

Monday Morning Quotations
Compiled by D. Croft
In contracted braille, spiral-bound, $9.00
Our braille catalogs always include a unique quotation on the cover. Over
the years, customers have called and written to say how much they enjoy them
and to suggest, "Why not put together a whole book of unique quotations?"
So, we did! Compiled by Diane Croft, this small spiral-bound quotation
booklet contains 52 quotes - one for each week. Every Monday, turn back
another page and see who shows up - Nathaniel Hawthorne, Carl Rogers, Steve
Jobs, Carlos Castaneda? The weekly quotes are not dated, so you can start
any time of year.

Order this book online:
http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/QUOTES2011.html

Let's Dance, Little Pookie!
By Sandra Boynton
Print/braille board book, $5.99
Ages: Baby-Preschool
In contracted braille.
Pookie's mama proposes a lively dance together. Pookie, being Pookie, is
somewhat hesitant to try something new. But little by little, Pookie is
drawn into the dance - hopping, marching, shimmying, singing, and
stretching. This perfect little board book provides a great way to get your
own little Pookies up and moving around, getting some exercise in a fun and
silly way.

Order "Let's Dance, Little Pookie" at:
http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/BB-POOKIE.html

******
To order any books, send payment to:
NBP, 88 St. Stephen Street, Boston, MA 02115-4302 Or call and charge it:
toll-free (800) 548-7323 or (617) 266-6160 ext 20. Or order any of our books
online at
http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/publications/index.html