[Pibe-division] which ocr software do tvis use? Sara Rooz

Sara Rooz sararooz at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 14:14:01 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,
I have a general questions which of the software Ocr optical character recognition, software do teachers of the blind and visually impaired use? The major ones I am aware of and am considering qurchasing one oof the software iare: Kurzweill 1000 or Open Book from Freedom Scientific. Can anyone also inform the advantages and disadvantages of which ever software one uses so I can make a wise choice as a consumer. I am aware that these software have been reviewed by NFB in 2001 and Acessworld in 2006 but still want input from fellow colleagues and blind people who use either of these products. Thanks a lot!
Sara Rooz
Certified Teacher of theblind and visully impaired independent related service provider vision education services in new york city