[Pibe-division] Spatial Perceptual Challenges & Blindness

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Sun Jul 31 18:53:36 UTC 2011

Eric:

Before we can proceed further, we ought to come up with a lucid and exact
definition of "spatial perception challenge". Do we mean the inability to
easily perceive or, rather, understand certain spatial concepts? Does it
include those (both sighted and blind) who are "directionally challenged",
i.e., can't find their way around a locale? How is this differentiated from,
say, challenges like those of people who seem not to be able to do fractions
or grasp geometry or play a musical instrument or speak a foreign language .
you get the idea. Put another way, how do we differentiate spatial
challenges from the mere lack of a particular nack?

And I'm not talking about organic problems such as are outlined in "the Man
Who Mistook His wife for a Hat".

Mike Freeman