[Pibe-division] provide residential school for the blind offer vocational training particularly Perkins school for the Blind and Texas School for the Blind

Sara Rooz sararooz at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 21:20:10 UTC 2011

    residential schools information provide vocational training to student vi and additional disabilities    Hi everyone:
I am tryimng to assist a parent with the following need for information. One of my students is visually impaired, has developmental delays, has good recceptive skills and will be graduating from the school in two years. Can anyone recommend any residential mnationally that would teach some vocational skills and include the student in all activities? Can anyone provide me with Perkin School for the blind contact information and Texas school for the Blind contact information if possible. The student also eats kosher food and this need would be have addressed if the student attends a residential school for the blind with regard to vocational training. Thanks for any information anyone can provide? I really want this student to thrive after graduation. One other piece information I forgot to state that the student is nonverbal and nonambulatory. At the present ltime, I am working her on independent living skills which is grasping. Thanks aagain.
Sara Rooz
Teacher of the Visually Impaired in New York City
Independent Related Service Provider invision Education Services in New York City