[Pibe-division] The Problem with TOO Much Help

Wendy Molle wmolle at schoharie.k12.ny.us
Thu Oct 13 19:23:27 UTC 2011

Just so you know TVIs cost a lot more than aides.  (For our districts services, we can get, at a minimum, 8 hours of aide time for the price of 1 hour of TVI time.)  If school funding is cut, in many cases it will be the TVI time that is cut.  No contest!  The only exception will be students with strong parent advocates.  In these tough fiscal times districts make some tough calls that we may all not agree with, but that is reality.

Wendy Molle
Schoharie Elementary