[Pibe-division] can anyoone assit me in finding sarlaries for certified braile proofreader

Sara Rooz sararooz at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 21:13:30 UTC 2011

Does anyone know how I can find out the average  salary a certified Braille proofreader and Braille transcriber makes? The person at nfb was not sure and indicated that one works for an agency on a contract basis and most work is done on a voluntary process. I teach as a certified teacher of the blind and visually impaired and considering this profession to generate some additional income since I am unemployed during the summer months. I would like to know what other people feel about this profession and if it pays for me to take the proofreading course.

Sara Rooz

Certified Teacher of the blind and visually impaired in New York

Independent related service provider vision education services in New York City

Does anyone know how I can find the average a certified Braille proofreader and Braille transcriber makes? The person at nfb was not sure and indicated that one works for an agency on a contract basis and most work is done on a voluntary process. I havteach as a certified teacher of the blind and visually impaiired and considering this profession to generate some additional income since I am unemployued during the summer months. I would like to know what other people feel about this profession and if it pays for me to take the proofreading course.