[Pibe-division] Any suggestions?

Cindi Eskew cindine at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 17 21:34:35 UTC 2011

Kristen, et al,
Thanks for the suggestion! I have only seen the Kindergarten level of BOP and she is beyond that, but in many cases lacks the phonetic and grammar skills. Does BOP continue after the First grade level and does the first level complete the code or would I have to go into the old Patterns to finish the code? She has very little reading background despite being in fourth grade. Would using the First Reader Level of Patterns (which the district has) be a good idea until I can get my hands on BOP or would completing that put her past BOP? Using the 2nd grade textbooks from the school presented the issue that she was lacking in the knowledge of much of the code. Does this help? For those who suggested the Braille Note, could a similar effect be obtained by using a refresh able braille display and JAWS (or if the Sped Dir decided to purchase them) and Ipad?  I have been helped by all the suggestion and am so thankful for this great list!!
Cindi