[Pibe-division] Graphing Materials for college level Mathematics

EricGuillory at aol.com EricGuillory at aol.com
Wed Apr 4 16:46:52 UTC 2012

Hi Gail,
This is a question with which many people struggle and puzzle over.  I look
forward to vigorous and informative discussion in this regard from our
listers.
Outside of a few positive reviews, commentary on the Audio Graphing
Calculator (AGC) has largely been negative—unless one has the luxury of access  to
a compatible embosser on which the graphs can be produced for hardcopy
study.  With this in view, it may be in your friend’s best interest to hire a
reader  familiar with the content at hand and to utilize tactile graph paper
(available  through the American Printing House for the Blind), Wikki Stix,
puff paint, push  pins, string, etc. to construct requisite graphs. As big of
a proponent as I am  of the truly fantastic technological advances we have
witnessed over the past  decade, the low-tech approach is sometimes the best
approach. This may be a case  in which that holds true.
Again, I encourage everyone to contribute to the dialogue for the  benefit
of all. And, may each of you enjoy a wonderful Easter  holiday.
Eric Guillory, PIBE President
Director of Youth Services
Louisiana Center for the Blind

In a message dated 4/4/2012 11:25:23 A.M. Central Daylight Time,