[Pibe-division] Pibe-division Digest, Vol 47, Issue 4

Keith Christian keithchristian at roadrunner.com
Mon Apr 9 17:33:35 UTC 2012

Hi Gail,

I have had good success with a program called Hark the Sound.  It is a
Windows based app and is free.  I think you will find it to be a useful
game/tool.  It basically only uses the arrow keys and it is very simple to
use.  There are a number of games that you can choose from.  There are
naming sounds, counting, braille, and a bunch of higher level stuff too.

Another app found on the same web site that is incredible is called Sammy
Says.  My autistic students learn a great deal through stories.  Students
record their own stories and insert sound effects.  Very cool and you can
save the final story as an MP3 file.  Yes, it also is free.  Worth checking
out along with the other apps there.

http://www.cs.unc.edu/~gb/research/

HTH,

Keith