[Pibe-division] Scholastic Reading Inventory

Kristen J Sims ksims at opsb.net
Thu Aug 9 17:42:28 UTC 2012

If he is listening to you or to JAWS, you will not be getting an accurate reading level anyway unless he is using a braille display. My colleagues working with younger students use the Jerry Johns inventory to test for reading level. You can modify this to use in the medium he is most comfortable with. (braille, braille with print support, extra large super jumbo print <smile>) I would advise against reading aloud unless it is noted as listening comprehension only, since this score tends to be much higher than reading independently.
Kristen J. SimsTeacher of Blind Students
Only the educated are free. Epictetus