[Pibe-division] Fwd: Twitter chat for teachers of the blind

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Thu Aug 16 21:10:31 UTC 2012

Fellow Educators: For some time now I have wanted to get a twitter chat
going for teachers who work with blind students. Since this month is
Connected Educator month, I thought now was a good time to make it
happen. There are dozens of twitter chats for various types of educators
and perhaps you could say I'm a little jealous that I don't have a set
time every week that I can get on twitter and connect with fellow TBSs
to talk about issues important to our work! I wrote a blog post
introducing the
idea<http://withoutaclassroom.wordpress.com/2012/08/15/calling-all-teachers-of-the-blind-lets-get-connected/>
to see if there was any interest. I got enough of a response that I feel
this venture is worth some more effort. My latest blog post: Watch Out
Twitter, Here We
Come<http://withoutaclassroom.wordpress.com/2012/08/16/watch-out-twitter-here-we-come/>
is an attempt to figure out some of the details (day/time, hashtag). If
you are interested in participating please weigh in on these details
through the polls embedded in the blog post, in the comments of the blog
post, or shoot me an email. I think a twitter chat is a great way to
take the awesome connectedness that we already have through PIBE and the
NFB to a more public venue where other educators can learn along with
us. Have a great start to your school year! Natalie Shaheen @nlshaheen