[Pibe-division] iPad Beginner Question

DrV pumpkinracer at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 05:45:10 UTC 2012

Hi All,

I'd appreciate your insights on 3 iPad/iPhone-related questions.

1. For a beginner totally blind user (5th & 10th grade), what do you
suggest as the key "rotor" options for the most streamlined & functional
experience?

2. What are the steps to tactilely read iBooks using the Apex refreshable
Braille display? I know that the BrailleNote can be used to navigate & have
VoiceOver read the book aloud, but my kids find it faster & more
pleasurable (& they remember better) by reading the words tactilely
themselves. Are all iBooks readable with the refreshable braille display &
if not is there an easy way to tell?

3. Is there a way to make a shortcut to the "Accessibility" setting or
VoiceOver setting?

Thanks in advance for your time & insights.

Eric V