[Pibe-division] Fwd: FW: Leading the Way - B/VI Leadership Travel

Emily elgibbs at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 12:53:17 UTC 2012

Thank you for supporting Global Explorers' programs for students of diverse
abilities!  I wanted to let you know about this year’s exciting travel
opportunities for students who are blind or visually impaired. Please help
us spread the word by passing on this information below and/or nominating a
student.

We are currently accepting applications for two leadership-focused,
adventure-filled, travel expeditions! This 2012-2013 season we will be
uniting 15-21 year old students who are blind, visually impaired, and
sighted on two incredible Leading the Way Program expeditions. The first is
the Rim to River expedition, where students will take part in engaging
service and cultural immersion and then have the unique opportunity of
rafting the Colorado River through the majestic Grand Canyon. The second is
the Peruvian Highlands expedition, where students will experience the magic
of the Quechua culture and hike through the Andes exploring Inca ruins,
ending at the infamous Machu Picchu.  The Leading the Way Program was
developed in partnership with world-renowned blind adventurer Erik
Weihenmayer.

For more information and to apply, visit:
http://www.globalexplorers.org/programs/leading_the_way

Applications are due November 30, 2012.

To nominate a student please visit:
http://www.globalexplorers.org/programs/forms/nominate/

Thank you so much for helping us make these opportunities available to
students of all backgrounds and abilities.

Sincerely,

Jordy Oleson

No Barriers Youth Programs Manager
Global Explorers
420 S. Howes Suite B300
Fort Collins, CO 80521
877-627-1425

"It was the most wonderful, enlightening and meaningful thing I have ever
been a part of."
- Ashley, GEx Student Participant

www.GlobalExplorers.org****