[Pibe-division] question about tactiles

Anita Adkins aadkins at atlanticbb.net
Tue Nov 6 00:21:19 UTC 2012

Hello,

When in college, I used a raised line drawing board from the Braille bookstore to have my reader create the tactile pictures for me. Also, a better way to do it would be to use QuickTack to create the picture, which could then be Brailled using a Braille embosser. I know there were symbols, but I can’t remember all of them. Smile. It seems to me one image was arrows pointing around a circle. It also seems the letter h was used to represent a hot airmass, and other letters were used. I remember one airmass was several concentric circles. Sorry, I knew the content at the time, but can’t remember it now. My best advice as a blind student would be to cut out the shape of the airmass so that it could be placed over the US Map, of which there are already several tactile versions. Without discussing it, I cannot assist further. You can find QuickTack at:
http://www.duxburysystems.com/tgd.asp?choice=quick
Note there is a beta version, making it a cheap way to create quality tactile graphics. I believe sight is required to create the graphics. Anita