[Pibe-division] DropBox Update

ericguillory at aol.com ericguillory at aol.com
Wed Nov 14 15:42:03 UTC 2012

Thanks for these insights, Dr. V. I am saddened and frustrated that the
BrailleNote Apex cannot open docx files. To my mind, this is completely
unacceptable. Not sure though why Vejas’s BN won’t open doc files. One
thing to note when opening doc files on the iPhone is that the
paragraphing is often wonky. The text is there, but again, it is
sometimes broken into distinctive paragraphs in unintended ways.

With apps such as DropVox (an app that allows for recording and direct
upload of said recorded m4a file into a DropVox folder under DropBox,
as well as an app called Downloads), the iPhone can be used to upload
content to DropBox. I’m sure there are other apps for either creating
or procuring content using an iPhone and then parsing it to DropBox,
but DropVox and Downloads are the two with which I am familiar.

As I said before, using the dropbox.com site can be frustrating with
JAWS. It is doable, but again, there are challenges—especially when
inviting others to share a DropBox folder. I’ve done it, and will
doubtless do so again, but one has to learn the process, which your
dynamite son could of course achieve.

Like everything in life, this is not a perfect solution, but it is
relatively painless and allows for considerable flexibility. Thanks for
the update. I look forward to more to come!

EG