[Pibe-division] ACT/(PLAN = Pre-ACT) & SAT/PSAT Questions

Marianne Denning marianne at denningweb.com
Sun Oct 14 18:44:04 UTC 2012

I am a TVI and the one student who took the PSAT in braille had a
paraprofessional procter the test.  I requested a specific para
because I knew the person's skills.  I am also blind and any time I
have taken a test like that I have asked questions.  The information
the procter can provide would probably depend on the accommodations
requested before the test was ever given.  Those accommodations are
based on your son's IEP.  I usually list material in braille, a
reader, and a scribe on most IEP's.  Then when the school completes
the request for accommodations those all should be listed.  I, as the
TVI, do help complete the request for accommodations.  That way, if
there are questions the student can explain the graph they feel and
see if it compares to the graph the procter sees.

I would assume that the materials are produced by a certified
proofreader but I don't know that.  I would contact the testing
company(ETS) for the SAT and see who produces the test material in
braille.  I am not sure what company gives the PLAN.