[Pibe-division] [Pie-division] question about nab convention are opportuniteisavailable to network with other blind this?

mary jo hartle mjhartle23 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 19:01:07 UTC 2013

Hi,

Yes, the convention is a great opportunity for networking.  There is a
parent/teacher seminar two days prior to the convention general sessions
beginning.  This year those days will be Monday and Tuesday of the
convention.  This is sponsored by the National Organization for parents of
blind children (NOPBC.)  Then, as has been mentioned, the Professionals in
Blindness Education (PIBE) division will have a meeting.  This is usually
held on Division Day in the afternoon, which would be Wednesday of the
convention this year.  I know there has been some talk of moving the meeting
time, but to my knowledge, this has not happened yet.  Additionally, there
is a Blind Educators' division which also meets at the same time.  This
meeting is for any teacher of any subject who is a blind person whereas the
PIBE meeting is for anyone who is a teacher/professional working with blind
children.  Hopefully you can attend at least these days of the convention as
they would probably be the most beneficial from a teacher's perspective.
The general sessions of the convention begin on Thursday morning, though the
national board meeting will take place on Wednesday morning.  You can read
more about all the convention schedules in the NFB Braille Monitor online at
www.nfb.org.It <http://www.nfb.org.it/>  is always a great opportunity to
meet people;  and I know that a lot of people enjoy the opportunity to meet
up for meals/coffee to network throughout the week.

Hope this was helpful.

Mary Jo Hartle

  _____