[Pibe-division] Louisiana Teacher Training Conference

Edward Bell ebell at latech.edu
Mon Sep 9 19:55:19 UTC 2013

99.9% of conferences have agendas.

Ours is an exception.

Will you help?

Teachers of blind/low-vision students from across Louisiana are gathering to
explore, discuss, and change the future of education.

We know that at every conference, you come in hoping to get the answer to
one question or better understand one issue. At most meetings, if that issue
isn't on the agenda, you'll leave thoroughly disappointed. At this
conference, we're hosting "un-conferencing" sessions discussing the
concerns, technology, and struggles that matter most to you.

There are a few scheduled sessions...

·        students with multiple disabilities

·        learn from technology experts

·        one-on-one cane travel experiences

·        sports & rec activities for blind students

During the weekend, we guarantee that you'll be introduced to resources that
you can use throughout this school year and for decades to come.

September 20-22, 2013 . Ruston, Louisiana

http://pdrib.com/pages/conference-reg.php

Sponsored by:

The Professional Development and Research Institute on Blindness

At Louisiana Tech University

and the Louisiana Center for the Blind

For more information, please contact:

Dr. Edward C. Bell, Ph.D.

ebell at latech.edu . (318) 257-4554 . www.pdrib.com

Edward C. Bell, Ph.D., CRC, NOMC

REGISTER TO TAKE THE NATIONAL CERTIFICATION IN LITERARY BRAILLE (NCLB) Exam
http://www.nbpcb.org/pages/announcements.php

Director, Professional Development and Research
Institute on Blindness
Louisiana Tech University
210 Woodard Hall
PO Box 3158
Ruston LA  71272
Office: 318.257.4554
Fax: 318.257.2259 (Fax)
Skype: edwardbell2010
ebell at latech.edu
www.latech.edu/instituteonblindness
"I am somehow less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's
brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and
died in cotton fields and sweatshops."
-- Stephen Jay Gould