[Pibe-division] Smarter Balanced testing (SBAC)

Edward Bell ebell at latech.edu
Tue Apr 22 18:24:20 UTC 2014

Dr. V.,

Per Eric’s email, you should note that the NFB filed lawsuit against PARCC due to the lack of accessibility. I don’t think I am at liberty to discuss how that settlement is working out, but NFB certainly has PARCC’s attention right now, and maybe we need to get their legal team in on this issue with Smarter.
I do know that some at the NFB were under the assumption that Smarter Balance already had accessibility worked out.

Edward C. Bell, Ph.D., CRC, NOMC

REGISTER TO TAKE THE NATIONAL CERTIFICATION IN LITERARY BRAILLE (NCLB) Exam http://www.nbpcb.org/pages/announcements.php

Director, Professional Development and Research Institute on Blindness Louisiana Tech University
210 Woodard Hall
PO Box 3158
Ruston LA 71272
Office: 318.257.4554
Fax: 318.257.2259 (Fax)
Skype: edwardbell2010
ebell at latech.edu
www.latech.edu/instituteonblindness
"I am somehow less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops."
-- Stephen Jay Gould