[Pibe-division] A question for those with little to no usable vision

Marianne Denning marianne at denningweb.com
Sat Feb 1 13:41:55 UTC 2014

Denise, welcome to the field.  First, the rule, generally, is that no
material should be handed out unless it is in an accessible format for
the student.  That being said, there are several possible approaches.
Both Kurzweil and Open Book have a camera that will set on a page and
take a picture.  There are also some apps for the IPhone. that will do
this too and there are holders so the phone stays steady.  I don't
know if there are similar apps for a droid.  These are some possible
solutions but you need to emphasize the need to make materials
accessible before they are handed out.  There are limitations to the
suggestions I have made.  Feel free to ask additional questions.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053