[Pibe-division] TVI Training

jezu36 at yahoo.com jezu36 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 17 21:09:29 UTC 2014

Hi I have read your question and all of the responses.  I am a TVI also, who is severely visually impaired and I am. 100% behind NFB's philosophy. Unfortunately, I was not able to attend Louisiana Tech's program. So, I am going to throw in another option....Dominican College... It is located north of NYC in NY state.  This college may have many pluses for you. 1. Proximity to NJ, 2. LaVelle Scholarship for the Blind who reside in NY and NJ, 3. Mostly on line program, 4. Very supportive educators who support blind TVIs.  I think there were a couple other pluses that have escaped me at this moment..  I attended this program a few years back and I received a quality education, services I needed. And I have not had any problems due to my blindness. They were completely supportive and saw my qualities as a professional educator.

I hope this helps and not further frustrate you in your search. Please let me know if I can help any further.

Joanne

Sent from my iPhone