[Pibe-division] TVI Training

Marianne Denning marianne at denningweb.com
Tue Feb 18 15:18:00 UTC 2014

Many of the programs being discussed here are Masters programs.  You
need to keep that in mind.  If you want your BS in education of the
visually impaired that may be different.

I agree that it is very hard to find drivers and convince school
districts or co-ops to hire drivers.  I worked in a district as a TVI
for 3 years and when my main student graduated they did not renew my
contract.  My solution to that problem was to become self-employed.
It, too, has challenges but I am enjoying it.  I never planned to have
my own business.  It was never my dream but, sometimes, life takes you
places you never planned to go.  I teach students near my home and
teach students around the country through virtual instruction.  Learn
how to solve problems and don't get discouraged.  I have had many jobs
and a few careers over the years and each one has challenges.  Become
a problem-solver and continue to reach out to other blind people.  I
have learned a lot through different groups I belong to on the
internet.  Don't ever give up your dream!

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053