[Pibe-division] [AERNet] percent of braille users by state

Penny Duffy pennyduffy at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 19:33:33 UTC 2014

ok the information is kinda there..   It was very hard to find.

here is  the most recent report i could find from 2012 (data from 2011)

http://www.aph.org/federal-quota/dist12.html

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 2:18 PM, Penny Duffy <pennyduffy at gmail.com> wrote:

> I guess the question is who collects the data. I wondering if its because
> of confidentially concerns but i don't' see why they can't provide learning
> medium totals. I know my state's ex officio trustee and i may just ask her.
>  One issue with the APH totals is it doesn't count all blind students (NH
> was able to raise its numbers by 20 to 30 percent by just reaching out to
> different populations that don't always get counted.
>
>  I just found that they are required to collect the following data
>

>    - Name
>    - Date of birth
>    - School system or agency in which student is enrolled
>    - Grade Placement
>    - Measurement of vision in right eye
>    - Measurement of vision in left eye
>    - Primary reading medium
>    - Primary Language of Learner - NEW beginning with 2010 Census

--Penny
My Blog - visionfora.blogspot.com

NH Parents of Blind Children http://www.nhpobc.org/
NHPOBC on facebook   https://www.facebook.com/nhpobc