[Pibe-division] [AERNet] percent of braille users by state

Marianne Denning marianne at denningweb.com
Wed Jan 29 21:51:00 UTC 2014

The information from APH is not to be used for anything other than
federal quota funds.  I think we need to gather other data that truly
reflects reading media of blind students.  It should also include
primary and secondary media.  Many blind students use print and
braille or audio and print or braille.  I personally believe auditory
should not be a reading media at all.  Many sighted people learn using
auditory methods but it is not listed as a reading media.  Please
don't misunderstand what I am saying.  I learn via auditory means but
I am a braille reader.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053