[Pibe-division] Important Info for Bookshare Members with Braille Notes!

Allison Hilliker AllisonH at benetech.org
Fri Oct 24 20:56:56 UTC 2014

Hello Everyone,

The updated Bookshare website is set to launch next week. While there are many improvements that will help our members, we are aware of potential bugs with select partner technologies.

The BrailleNote will not be able to download books directly from Bookshare. We recommend that you download books from Bookshare prior to our planned website downtime on Monday, October 27 at 5PM Pacific Time. Afterwards, you can continue to read Bookshare books by downloading from a separate device like a computer and transfer them to your BrailleNote.

HumanWare has been notified about this issue, and we are working with them to find a solution to use our updated website. Thank you for your patience.

Best,
Allison Hilliker
Bookshare Operations Associate